Saturday, January 07, 2006

Report Cards and Football

Last night I arrived home with my ass a dragging after having stopped quickly at Blockbusters to procure the night's entertainment. These 4 day weeks are a killer. It seemed that every day that I awoke I was more tired than the day before. Anyway, after stripping down to my unders, I dropped my sorry arse on Janelle (having first fired up the microwave), poured myself a wee dram of scotch and proceeded to watch Bewitched (I also fired up J.Edgar - my robotic vacuum - so that it felt like I was accomplishing at least something). The movie sucked but it sure brought back memories of the way things were. Life really was much more simple back when we were young. At times I wish that as a society we could get back to those times. Then again I look at my microwave dinner bubbling away after only 5 minutes, old J.Edgar running around cleaning my house, while watching a movie of my choice in colour and I wonder if it really was better in the good old days. I finally dragged my butt to bed at about 11 last night - in the good old days I would be thinking about where to go at that hour - and promptly fell asleep, awakening not until noon today.

Now I sit here this morning (afternoon) writing my blog in a pathetic attempt to distract myself from what really must be accomplished this weekend. That being the production of the school's report cards. I have no more excuses left as the last of the comments from the other teachers have been emailed to me. At the same time I know that the NFL playoffs will soon be starting and I will be distracted from my task while watching same. My life is not easy, my friend! Perhaps I will put on the Bewitched movie and allow myself the luxury of being transformed back into the good old days one more time.

No comments: