Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Random Thought and Rants

I’m in the midst of a book in which the main character makes the following statement, “Men may be violent but women are cruel ...”. I never thought about the difference between men and women in those terms but when I read that line I thought, yes - that’s it! Think about it - there is a lot of truth to that statement. Most of you won’t understand why that statement struck me as important but suffice it to say that it relates to some of the crap going on at school right now. Anyway - enough said, on to other topics.

Tomorrow (Thursday) the kids from school are doing a sleep-over at the school and guess who gets to supervise. Yep - Me. After getting to bed at 9 last night and finally getting the first full night sleep in two weeks (I’ve been sleeping about 3 hours a night lately), I get to lose all I have gained in sleep and sanity by supervising kids until all hours of the morning - if they go to sleep at all! And when (or if) I get to go to bed, I get to sleep on a wooden floor in a sleeping bag. Can my life get any better. The only saving grace is that the kids are going skiing Friday so I don’t have to teach the next day - no - I get to be in meetings all day. I think I will hit the whiskey store Friday on the way home.

Today I brought my LightSaber to school. I was the Jedi teacher - if you got a wrong answer you got a crack on the head (lightly) with the LightSaber. It didn’t seem to help their math skills but it was a lot of fun for me! And yes, there was a lot of jealousy at school today. Most of the kids wanted their own LightSaber but I explained that this was not possible because they were not Jedi nor could they afford it. OK - so most of them thought I was crazy for paying that much for a toy. Kids now-a-days, jeez, they are growing up too fast. In my day we didn’t grow up until .... wait I’ve never grown up AND I’M NOT GOING TO! Enough for now - I’ve got to get my list of practical jokes together for tomorrow night - just in case the bums try and fall asleep too early.

No comments: