Friday, January 13, 2006

He's ALIVE ! ! !

It is time for Bobbie to get to bed. However, I thought I would first let you know I am alive and well despite a night supervising the sleep over at the school followed by an all day meeting with the head master and mistress (sounds rather kinky doesn’t it - trust me it wasn’t) the next day.

The sleep over was great fun (if you are a teenager - which I am in spirit). We ordered a pizza at about 7, watched movies on the big projection screen - a far cry from the old days (see previous entry) when 18 kids huddled around a 19 inch TV screen (that’s 1-1/18th of square inch of TV per student for you math students), as well as playing several lack of sleep induced games such as; catch the ball in the strobe light room, drag racing down the hall in sleeping bags, hide and seek with the previously blog mentioned LightSaber, and the ever popular full sleeping bag race around the dining hall. What can I say - a night of fun with most students collapsing around 3 am and myself dropping at 3:30 after ensuring all were sleeping soundly.

The late night wasn’t the problem - it was the getting up at 7 am to make coffee, rouse the students and get them up to make breakfast and get ready for skiing that was the real challenge. Suffice it to say that they all got on the bus, I made it through the meeting and I am home now with a glass of liquid sleep, a cigar and a body ready to drop for 15 hours of proper sleep. Nite all!

No comments: