Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Years Resolutions

Although it is a few days past the January 1st deadline I've been thinking about what I accomplished last year and what I want to accomplish this coming year. First, last year I was actually able to strike off two items from my To Do Before I Die (TDBID) list. I had always wanted to take my houseboat down the inland waterway from Lake Ontario to Florida, around the tip, and back up to Lake Huron through the Mississippi. Ok - I didn't actually take my boat (since at the time it had a hole in the pontoon and was sinking) but I did take a road trip this summer that followed the route as precisely as possible.

The second item that I crossed off the TDBID list was to attend a NASCAR event which I accomplished by attending the Pennsylvania 500 later that summer.



For this coming year I plan on accomplishing at least two more items from my TDBID list. The list being;
1) an extended canoe trip lasting at least a week, likely through Algonquin Park,
2) attend a football game at a large American university - say Michigan or Penn State,
3) a trip across the US and Canada where I stay in towns with the same name each night - this will require a wee bit of planning,
4) a trip across the US and Canada where I stay in towns with names from Europe each night - example first night in Paris (Ontario) then London (Ontario), etc.,
5) a road trip to the Northwest Territories,
6) a 2 or 3 week trip to Moscow
7) a 3 to 4 week cruise of the Mediterranean
8) work in a beach bar for the summer
9) get accepted as a guest on Big Brother and make a fool out of myself on national TV.

4 comments:

Houseboat Bob said...

Hey Trekreb!

Sorry meant Inland and Intracoastal are the same thing - it's a Canadian thing I guess. Regarding item #3 - who knows where these ideas come from - perhaps from an old geography assignment I gave my students. An Ole Miss game would certainly qualify! Now it's back to the Rose Bowl - Go Texas!

Houseboat Bob said...

P.S. - why can't I view your profile - too shy?

Trekreb said...

I was wondering why my profile views have been stuck at 16 for weeks. I checked all my settings, they seems to be ok. I don't know why you can't see it. And I agree, Go Texas! I just hate the USC fight song.

Anonymous said...

OK.... Lets do that Algonquin Park thingy.... are ya gonna make me carry the canoe again???
Luv N' Stuff
Lady Charlie