Saturday, January 14, 2006

Memories of a Full Moon


After a much deserved nights sleep I am now fully rested and full of energy. Today I thought I would tackle my storage closet. As you can see it is a disaster. Full of junk accumulated over the past two years since I last made a stab of cleaning it up. But my friend it won’t be easy. Too many memories will be brought to the surface since in there somewhere is all my camping, canoeing and houseboating stuff. I know that as I am cleaning I will stop every ten minutes or so and lose myself in the great memories of the past Canadian summers.

I am looking at the calendar on my wall now and see that tonight is a full moon. Three more to watch before the full moon in May (specifically Saturday May 13th). On that day I shall once again hold to tradition and depart on my boat in the early evening to drive into the middle of the bay and with the boat heading North down the lake I shall strip naked, make my way to the roof, and howl at the moon with a bottle in my hand. (the picture shown has been edited to protect the innocent). There is no greater feeling in the world than to know that you have made it to another summer and that at that particular moment in time - you rule the world. Ahhh - memories! Can’t wait - but first - off to the closet.

1 comment:

Sunny Delight said...

My dream is to spend my summers on a houseboat, how lucky you are! Howling at the moon sounds like a great idea too.