Monday, March 20, 2006

Damn You Kate!

To set this story up you have to understand a wee bit of Bob history. Several years ago I had a student named Kate who was in several of my classes, most annoying in my Calculus class. At least once a week, Kate would storm out of my class because I had pushed her too far - and on her way out she would scream as loud as possible - I hate this F’n school. Kate and I had a real love / hate relationship during her time at the school. Fast forward, Kate goes off to university and we keep in touch - especially around Big Brother time. This is a reality show on CBS. Kate and I would talk each week about what was going on in the Big Brother house and compare notes, etc.

As some of you may know I am a bit of a geek when it comes to the CBS show Big Brother. So much so that I have named my chair Janelle after one of the contestants on the show this past summer, see previous post. Also, after watching Howie, another contestant in the Big Brother house, play with his light sabre on the show I was possessed with the need to own one myself - which I finally bought for myself this past Christmas. Howie and Janelle were my two favourites on the show.

Well, until today, I hadn’t heard from Kate in a some time (sigh - how soon they forget). Today, Kate contacts me bursting with news from her recent trip to Cancun. Apparently Kate is in a bar in Cancun when someone she recognizes comes into the bar. After some puzzlement, Kate finally clues in as to who this person is - yep - Howie from Big Brother! Kate gets to talk to Howie, gets her picture taken with him, gets to wear his hat, and even gets hit upon by Howie. Now I am really jealous - if going to Cancun isn’t bad enough the damn girl gets to meet Howie.

Damn you, Kate! Love you, Kate!


1 comment:

Sunny Delight said...

you have a light saber...cool! and lucky kate :)