Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Tie Files - The Quest Continues

Two weeks passed rather quickly and Monday morning I was left with the choice; to continue the quest or stop and wear a nice tie.

Does anyone remember that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer and the car salesman (Rick) took the car for a ride and Kramer wouldn't let the salesman stop for gas. Kramer wanted to see how far the car would go. The same episode that had George, in trying to get the mechanic to admit that he ate his twix bar, undertook a candybar line-up. Season 9, Episode 167, The Dealership.

If so - my quest has become Kramer like. I want to see how far I can go "below the slash". Can I make it to the end of the month before pride and good taste force me to quit. Can I make it into the first few days of April? Who knows - but I sure as hell am going to try - Woooooooo Hooooooooooo.


(Rick and Kramer are driving back to the dealership)

RICK: (Seeing the turn-off up ahead) There’s the dealer!

KRAMER: Hey!

RICK: We did! We pulled it off! I can’t believe it! Where’s the needle?

KRAMER: Oh, it broke off, baby! Woo, hoo, hoo!

RICK: Oh, Mr. Kramer, I gotta thank you. I - I learned a lot. Things are gonna be different for me now.

KRAMER: Well, that’s a weird thing to say..

RICK: I wonder how much longer we could have lasted.

KRAMER: Yeah, yeah. I wonder.. hmm.

(They both eye each other, then Kramer slams on the gas, attempting to go even longer. They both cheer and scream out)

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

You can't stop now, you have come too far! Thinking you must have saved the very worst for last, and you are having a hardtime stomaching the thought of them?

Houseboat Bob said...

I admit - it is going to be a rough week - a lot of narrow paisley ties - but I still have my Christmas selection

Sunny Delight said...

What no tie with a picture of the Easter Bunny? No spring tulips, no daffodils....my my someone needs to go ugly tie shopping for you----hint hint to Mr. M's students :-)