Sunday, March 19, 2006

Canadian Club or the Great Seal Hunt

I am tired of all the ignorant, stupid people who are currently protesting the annual Canadian seal hunt while sitting on their fat arses on their couch chowing down a hamburger. First off, it has been a long time since the cute, white, baby seals have been clubbed to death. Now a days the little baby seals remain untouched while over 90% of the adult seals are shot rather than clubbed to death.

Anyone who has eaten meat in the past year or wears leather has no right to their self righteous views over the seal hunt. After all, it is simply harvesting an animal - to use the PC terminology - no different than what happens to cows, pigs, chickens and sheep. I mean seriously, do you really believe that cows are happy on the way to the slaughter house. That some worker sings them to sleep before they give them a lethal injection before carving them up for your dinner table? Get real - the brutality of slaughtering an animal is the same whether it be a cow or a seal. The only real difference is that the slaughter of cows and chickens and the like, occurs behind closed doors because most of us would throw up in revulsion if we were to actually observe the process.

Last night I had a feed of wings and they were delicious. I don’t want to know how the chicken was killed, it would put me off my appetite. Ignorance is bliss - and it also means I have no right to protest the legal harvesting of other animals. So, in my humble opinion, if you are a true Vegan ( and I purposely exclude Vegetarians ) than you have every right to protest the seal hunt - as you would any other slaughter operation regardless of the species. But if you are one of the vast majority who plan on eating meat, or using animal products, sometime this year - yet you feel the need to protest the seal hunt - well SHUT THE HELL UP before I club some sense into you.




On a lighter note: I couldn't resist the following picture which illustrates a more revolting, inhumane form of seal clubbing.

3 comments:

Trekreb said...

Totally agree! What does seal taste like, and please don't they taste like chicken.

Houseboat Bob said...

Honestly - I've never tried seal - but they tell me that seal flipper soup has a strong flavour and is very oily. Makes sense - those seals are really fat!

WILDLIFE LOVER said...

...AGRADEZCO TENER ALGO DE CONCIENCIA Y AMOR POR LOS ANIMALES.