Saturday, February 04, 2006

Weekly Cartel Update - Feb. 3rd

The weekly meeting was moved to a Friday since I must attend a fund raising activity tomorrow. I detail the minutes of the meeting for our absent friend Mrs. C. who does not want to remain ‘out of the loop’. As usual, JohnBoy and I were punctual, arriving at Wild Wing at precisely 5pm. Our initial conversation revolved around ‘guy talk’. More specifically we drank beer while commenting on the physical assets of the many female patrons. It was busy tonight so there was a lot to discuss. Darlene, as is her right as a woman, arrived late - 12 minutes and 53 seconds late to be precise. Upon her arrival the conversation took a 180 degree turn and I vaguely remember topics such as Dr. Phil, Oprah, losing weight, and something about that new cowboy movie - Bareback Mountain - or is it - GoBack (to where you came from) Mountain. Hmmm - maybe it’s WatchYourBack Mountain - whatever.

As I said it was busy at Wild Wing and all three girls were in tonight, our new favourite Crystal as well as our traditional faves, Danielle and Tanya. Although Danielle was having an off night (nuf said about this), she did manage one of her patented, beautiful smiles when receiving this weeks offering of a matching Dagwood Sandwich Salt & Pepper set. As always, our eternal gratitude to the staff for making us feel welcome and keeping our beer glasses full. I must admit though, in the old days of the Cartel we didn’t have to get up to get our own salt and if I recall correctly, they even poured our beer for us.

We were then off to the movies where we saw, and I hate to admit this, Nanny McPhee. In truth I enjoyed the movie and now I am worried that this weekend is off to a bad start for Bobby. First Dr. Phil and Bumback Mountain talk at dinner, then Nanny McPhee and tomorrow I am going to a fundraiser where I will be mixing and serving tropical girly drinks while wearing a grass skirt. Thank the Lord for the Super Bowl on Sunday - I hope to regain some of my manhood before going back to school on Monday.

No comments: