Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Mad Chemist

My abilities to wear a grass skirt and carry it off were (unfortunately?) not put to the test last night. Much to my dismay, the stupid skirt was about six inches shy of getting around my waist. Even with the adjustable velcro strap, no matter how I adjusted the skirt I couldn’t find a suitable six inches to reveal - I was limited by the fact that there were parents of children I teach at this function. Slightly embarrassed (I’ve seen some big girls wearing these grass skirts) I moved to plan B, that being the wearing of my Corona boxers.

It was a great night despite the five inches of snow that fell during the few hours we were at the school. My drink station wound up being the most popular, not only because of the Corona boxers but also in part because I did not stick to the recipe card and mixed drinks using any and all ingredients which I was able to pilfer from other stations. I will admit to a few failures at first but after a few drinks no one seemed to notice and the mad chemist was mixing and drinking with abandon. This photo must have been taken near the end of the night.

And of course we couldn’t let the evening pass without some frolicking in the snow. Pictured here is my attempt to create the perfect snow angel. Despite efforts by Meghan to destroy my masterpiece, my snow angel turned out well and if it weren’t for the power failure later that evening I believe I would have received the top honours.

1 comment:

Sunny Delight said...

well darn! I was sooo looking forward to a picture of you in a grass skirt :)

but making snow angels in boxers.....looks like fun, thought a tad chilly.