Sunday, February 19, 2006

Men are from Earth

With two days off of work last week, because of consecutive snow days, I’ve been bored and have spent a lot of time bloggin’ around. In my electronic travels I’ve noticed something interesting about females and their blog sites. In my limited experience I would say that the vast majority of sexually explicit fantasies are written by female bloggers, the most notable in my blogging circle being Sunny Delight. While I do enjoy reading these fantasies, I must admit that, in most cases, these fantasies don’t really appeal to me. This got me to thinking - why?

Obviously my first thought was that since they were written by women I can’t enjoy the story from the perspective from which it was written - but there is more. I have also observed that fantasies written by women are usually not accompanied by many pictures. Female fantasies are generally written for the literate, which in my opinion excludes most men who rely heavily on pictures to keep their interest. I mean seriously, look at any issue of a men’s magazine - there are many more pictures than stories. The stories are just the excuse to buy the magazine in the first place.

With this new insight I though I would try to write a male sexual fantasy. The rules of writing same are simple. Include a very basic plot line with a lot of pictures and most importantly a plot that leaves a lot to the imagination. Fantasies written by females tend to be very specific - he caressed my ..., my lips found his ..., his tongue explored my ..., well, you get the idea. This, in my humble opinion, doesn’t appeal to men. This ‘female’ style is too reminiscent of our marriages (or in some cases ex-marriages) - being told what to do, when to do it, and sometimes how to do it. These stories are too ‘bossy’ - they don’t take into account that men are individuals, capable of a vast array of imaginative thought. Think about it - put a man in a locked, 8 by 8 foot room with a tennis ball and in 3 hours time he will have invented at least 17 games to play.

Anyway - this is my goal for today. Off to the internet I go to seek out pictures to match my story.

4 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Okie dokie...how about a collaboration? To make them more appealing to the....ummm...more visual....reader. You do seem to find some really great photos.

Sunny Delight said...

You have me thinking now....I write for me, but if I am going to post what I write, then it should be an enjoyable read for others as well....if you get the time, do me a favor, read 3 writings from my other blog...all written by men...tell me what is different...any ideas you have for me. or if perhaps I should be adding visuals ;) I look forward to your critique...

The three shorts are :
The Massage, Strangers, and the middle portion of One Last Time Together, labled His Story.....
url is http://www.destiniesfantasy.blogspot.com/

Houseboat Bob said...

Ok - I've read the stories and I must say that there is very little difference among them with respect to what I was discussing in my blog. In truth I find stories of this type to be less than satisfying - I much prefer a good mystery or adventure story. But each to his or her own. Me thinks you took my blog much too seriously - I was bored and just poking fun. You will see what I mean once I post my own 'sexual fantasy' later today once I have found enough photos. In fact I quite like the exercise of looking for photos more than writing a story. Remember - to know me is to laugh with me and often at me. It is my motto in life.

Sunny Delight said...

me too--re: the adventure and mystery, but i do not have the talent nor the patience to write like that, so i spend my time... playing in the field of erotica....and nah, i don't think i took it too serious, we all write a bit tongue-in-cheek i think, but i like the fact that it made me wonder, how can i be better? and thanks :)

and i never laugh at, well maybe on a few occasions, laughing with is much more fun and satisfying.