Monday, February 27, 2006

The Arrival of Spring in Canada

Despite the fact that there is about 2 feet of snow in my parking lot and that the temperature was a blazing -18 degrees below ( that’s -1 in Fahrenheit) this morning, spring has finally come to Canada. Yep - tonight I saw my first advertisement on TV for Tim Horton’s Rrrrrroll Up The Rrrrrim To Win annual contest.

For my friends south of the border, Timmy’s coffee is the absolute best in the world and it has become a Canadian icon - despite now being owned by an American chain - but we are used to that. The annual contest signifies to Canadians that spring has arrived and it gives us another excuse to buy that extra cup of coffee per day. Soon the snow will melt and the snowbanks will recede yielding discarded losing coffee cups by the millions. By the way - when you say ‘Roll up the Rim’ - a true Canadian must roll the “R’s”.

this is an audio post - click to play

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Now I have to buy a timmies everyday till I win something! Ahh I love rrrroll up the rim time

Anonymous said...

I agree - that's exactly what I thought when I saw this posting. HouseboatBob should get a Timmy's commission - at least a free daily coffee at his local franchise for all the extra coffees his viewers will be buying!

Houseboat Bob said...

Eve - who ever you are - I'm in Love with you for the suggestion. mmmmm - a Timmy's girl.

chelsea said...

Ahh I'm SO EXCITED FOR THIS.
Spring is herrrrrrre!