Saturday, February 18, 2006

Weekly Cartel Update - Feb. 18

Yet again the old man was not able to make the weekly Cartel meeting at Wild Wing. The fact that both Mrs. C. and Darlene did make it, despite the freezing temperatures, had me somewhat worried as I knew I was going to be railroaded into going to see that 8 degree dog movie. As it turned out the movie was sold out and we had to go with our second choice (my first choice) Freedomland. You see, there is a God in Heaven. I have to say it was an extraordinary movie and the actress Julianne Moore (she was in the movie Forgotten) should receive an Academy Award nomination. The movie was that good and her role in it was amazingly intense.

However, not all was good for Bobby tonight. Our Salt & Pepper donation to Wild Wing this week was a pair of Pink Kitty Cats. Awwww - so cute! Anyway, after giving the cats we got into a conversation with Charlene (the girl on the right - Ali is the girl on the left) and Charlene thought that Mrs. C. and I were married to each other and that Darlene was our daughter. Now I have to say, without any offence intended towards Darlene, that I was a bit put off. There is only 6 years difference between Darlene and I. I mean really - do I look that old - not that Darlene looks old - Oh Hell - there is no way to say this without getting into more trouble. Suffice it to say I was wee bit miffed. But in defence of Charlene, I have to say she is the most attentive waitress I’ve met in a long time. Not 5 minutes went by without her checking in to see if we needed anything - for myself - I like that. What can I say - a great staff at Wild Wing - even if their eyesight is a bit off.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

THOSE ARE SUCH CUTE SHAKERS!!