Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My Birthday



Well here it is - Tuesday, December 20th and it is my birthday. Damn I hate birthdays. Sure when you are a little kid birthdays are great because you get presents and get away with murder but here I am 51 years old sitting in front of my computer and I hate my birthday. At 51 birthdays are a reminder of how many years you have left - nothing to look forward to let me tell you. I look at the moon (there is a half moon tonight) and wonder how many more full moons do I have left. I think of Christmas which is right around the corner and wonder how many more of those are left - damn few in my opinion.

Birthdays make you think - what the heck did I do with my life - where did it all go. Were we not supposed to be living on the moon by now? Was life not supposed to be easy in the 21st century? So many unfulfilled dreams. Ah well - a drink of whiskey to celebrate and then to bed. Since I did damn little shopping Monday I think I shall spend my birthday shopping for Christmas presents. Did I mention that it sucks to have your birthday so near Christmas - well that is another story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

suck it up and look at the good things in life! they're there! I promise!! :)

Houseboat Bob said...

Suck it up - Man - I've been trying to suck it up for 30 years and my belt is worn through from the effort

Anonymous said...

Ba Best Bistmas Bi Bever Bad Bus Bith By Bobbert ! Be Bure Boo Bish Bim Ba Bappy Ban Bonderful Bistmas - Be's bery Bissed Band Barished By Bany !!