Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year

So here we are at the crest of another year. One more puncture in the wall as I pull out the pin in the old calendar and replace it with the 2006 version. This year I am finally going to document my life on the calendar so at this time next year I can look back at all the accomplishments of the previous year. I make that same promise every year BUT this time I mean it. The task should prove easier this coming year thanks to my “Girls of Hawaiian Tropic” calendar. I can’t wait for June. Not only is that the month when school lets out but the girl of the month is sporting an all over tan if you get my drift.



I think it is funny that through an error on my part I accidentally posted a blank entry a few days back which received more comments than any of my normal posts. What is wrong with you people? Jeez!

Back to the subject at hand, New Years. I really don’t understand all the hoopla over the New Years celebration. I mean what exactly are we celebrating? The celebrations of another year on the face of this good earth should be reserved for your birthday, not the resetting of an artificial time clock. We get so worked up in preparation of this damned event. Where to go for New Years, what party, what to wear, etc. If you decide to stay at home and watch TV, as I suspect most of us do, you feel like a loser since you are at home watching Dick Clark get another year older - who even at his age is getting out and seemingly having fun. I suspect this year though will be different since they will have to prop Dick up against some wall so we don’t see him in a wheelchair. Nice - another reminder that we getting older with no more to show for it than we had last year. Maybe I won’t bother writing on my new calendar - it may be too depressing to look back upon. Maybe I have always kept my promise to write on the calendar and there is nothing there at the end of a year. Thank God for the New Year - I can finally forget all that crap that happened LAST YEAR!

No comments: