Sunday, September 30, 2007

Finally Rested

Here it is Sunday morning and I finally have enough energy to attend to my blog after a week in Haliburton. It seems that the week in Haliburton takes more and more of a toll on me every year. Age?

Anyway, it was a great week although very different this year since there were no graduates and therefore no emotional turmoil of this being 'the last year'.

It was also very different because for the first time ever, one of our graduates was able to spend a few days with us. Miss Tanner arrived Wednesday late morning and although she intended to stay only the one night, we were able to convince her to stay until Friday. It was great to see a graduate return.
















LED (of cartel fame) was able to complete her goal of canoeing around the lake and as can be seen from some of the pictures, the students were quite inventive, if not down right sketchy, on their boat design this year.































Following the return from Haliburton on Friday, I was to bed early as I was up again at 7 am to attend an Irish dance competition in which one of my students was a participant. Miss D. won two firsts, and was in the top three in the other events. I must say - if you love girls in curls - this is the place to go.

No comments: