Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Pressure to Blog

I honestly try to update my blog daily but the 'back to school' grind means I barely have enough energy to drag my ass through the door of my apartment let alone blog. When I do get the motivation to turn on the computer, I am overwhelmed by the outstanding work to be done - for the school. This year has been no different, maybe worse.

I have had contact with several of last years grads and it looks like they are settling in nicely - the real truth will come at the mid-terms. For those grads who are interested - the school year is pretty much the same as always. Long, long (much too long) speeches by Mr. E every day he is in punctuated by his coming into my class to continue on some tirade or another. What with my own personal tirades, the kids have barely any time to do 'real' work. Same old, same old on that front.

We have two new teachers this year. The real joy I get is watching the teachers try to adapt to our unique school At times the new teachers remind me of deer caught in headlights.

Speaking of deer in headlights - Haliburton is just around the corner - one week earlier this year. Less than two weeks away and soooo much to do to get the CD ready. Poor Baboo isn't prepared at all.

All I can say (sorry - alls I can say) is that I'll try harder to update my blog frequently but with a new kid joining today - well the work load for tonight just increased that much more.

No comments: