Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

I spent my entire Easter weekend underneath an old, rusting houseboat. It was cold and windy and the work was ugly and dirty. After 4 days I am now sore, tired and dirty myself. I have Fiberglas resin in my hair, paint in my nose, bondo on my arms and rust flecks in my eyes.

I did however have a lot of time to think. Sometime yesterday, while hanging upside down scraping rust off a pontoon, it came to me why ships are referred to in the feminine sense. All this work, investment in time and money, as well as the pain I have to go through for just a few great moments this summer. I get the connection - ships like women require a lot of work for so little return. I have calculated that it would be cheaper to rent a houseboat whenever I wanted as opposed to the investment of owning one. Hmmmm - how would that work with women?



Here is the view of my world for the past 4 days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh HBB you still don't get it !!!!
Maybe someday you will...I live in hope.

LED

Sunny Delight said...

If that is truly how you feel, then you matey have not met the right woman...
some of us have a very high rate of return, with only a small investment....

although the reverse can also be said, I know several men who require way more work than the resultant return :P