Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A confession and apology

Well - as some of you who know HBB may have already guessed, HBB wasn't on a road trip at all. For those of you who don't know HBB - I apologize for allowing you to be misled by my words, however, I have to say that while I might have misled you - I didn't actually lie in any of my blogs. Read them carefully again.

I'm not sure in which category LED and Sunny fit but I appreciate the comments and felt a wee bit bad - but I needed to do this - I apologize and I'll explain later.

Yes I did wake up late - I did face south - but I never said I did it in the cities (or towns) I mentioned. The weather reports and pictures were obtained from many hours of searching the internet. Do you know how hard it was to find seasonal appropriate pictures (especially in late winter) of these towns!




I was thinking of entitling this blog - The top 10 reasons to take a fantasy road trip. I probably learned more about these towns and know them better than if I had actually driven there. Not to justify my actions, but it took me about 2 hours each day to prepare each blog.


Ok - The confession and justification. HBB needed some time to himself. I was getting burnt out at work and wanted a week to myself. If you know me that is nearly impossible. Every day at school I get asked about 200 to 300 questions. I was tired and wanted to spend time with myself. I actually like me.


I could accomplish this by actually going on a trip and spending over a $1000 or I could not. But if I stayed home I knew I would get people phoning or emailing asking how I was etc. God love those people but I needed to get away from the world for a week.

I turned off my phone, never checked my emails, and only left my place for food and booze during the entire week. It was great. I haven't talked to anyone in 7 days - except for unavoidable "would you like fries with that" or "would you like extra cheese on that" when ordering food. I feel refreshed and ready for the final stretch at school beginning next week.

To emphasise my point - I now have about 40 emails to respond to, and close to 15 messages on my answering machine - most of which are from students who don't read my blog - and who obviously don't listen in class (triple exclamation point here)!!!

So what did HBB do during his hiatus from the real world? Well I lived in my fantasy world of course. I read several books, played a bit of online poker, watched a lot of TV, got my DVD's organized (mostly), played a bunch of WoW. Generally I spent a week being only accountable to my bladder and stomach. Such a sweet week it was!

OK - now for the top 10 reasons to take a fantasy road trip.

10. - You can save $200 a day.
09. - You don't need to get your oil changed every 7 days!
08. - Never miss your favourite TV show.
07. - Reservations are easy.
06. - No need to go through Buffalo or Detroit.
05. - You don't have to spend $10 in a laundromat.
04. - You can put an entire chocolate bar on your pillow each night.
03. - Time, distance and money are no problem.
02. - You can sleep in well past check-out time.
01. - You can do it while spending the day in your underwear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you HBB ... you took a page out of my own book ... only you did it with much more grandeur and finesse.

Chalk another one up for taking care of one's own mental health.

LED