Thursday, March 06, 2008

Day One of the Quest for Kingston

A few weeks ago some of my students from the past enquired as to if and when I might be coming to visit them in Kingston. In response to their requests I thought about going on a road trip to Kingston.

Though I was up reasonably early this morning (considering it is March break), I ran into a few delays and didn’t get into my car until around 11am.

This is a picture of Kingston, (Kingston, Pennsylvania) as you drive in from the better known (and much bigger) town of Wilkes-Barre. It is a a small town a mere 700km from Alliston but most of it on the interstate. Though a nice town it is small and there are only a few options for dinner. Luckily Kingston does have Angelo’s Restaurant with the world famous special - One Pound Cheesesteak.

Though this is certainly Kingston, there is no Queen’s university to be had - thus no one I know. I guess this is the wrong Kingston. I think another Kingston is located to the west. Maybe tomorrow - now it is time for survivor, later a good book, then beddies.

No comments: