Friday, March 07, 2008

Day Two of the Quest for Kingston

I was up relatively early this morning and looked westward out of the window. I had a vision of the next Kingston - Kingston, Ohio. Located just 500 miles away from where I was - that's about 800km. Not that long of a drive though as most of it is on I-80 west. A person can make good time on the interstate.

Now Kingston, Ohio (if you can believe it), is smaller than Kingston, PA. A town of about 1000 people - obviously no university to be found here. In fact the town is so small they don't even have a place to stay. Luckily there is Comfort Inn in Circleville which is 10 minutes to the north.

Now the interesting thing is that Kingston, Ohio was originally known as Ingston. I don't know who that is but there is a street in town named 'K Ing' street. I guess they named it that before the unification of K with Ing.

Circleville is not much more interesting than Kingston - that is except for the town water tower. Tomorrow will be interesting as they are calling for about 3 inches of snow - today it was close to 50 degrees F.

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Ya know, there is a Kingston in my State....hint...hint.

Anonymous said...

Bring home photos and stories.
Wings and beer and diet coke await

LED