Wednesday, June 27, 2007

80 Days of Summer for Bob - Day #11

Monday, June 25th.

A sad day for HouseboatBob. Spent the entire day trying to locate and then negotiate with salvage companies to come take my boat to the big scrap heap in the sky. With all the environmental regulations, most companies are reluctant to touch a boat.

Did find one guy to take it on Tuesday but the marina owner was not able to drop the boat into the water so that it could be pushed over to the loading ramp. He said he could not get it done this week at all.

At the end of the day I'm still not sure of when I will be able to rid myself of this burden. To compound the problem, the marina owner has sold the marina and a new owner takes over Friday - thus I have to start the negotiations from the beginning as to when to drop my boat.

I was going to drop in a few 'good memory' pictures of the old boat here but I think I shall save that for later. As for now - one last howl at the moon.

No comments: