Sunday, July 27, 2008

Finally - Pictures!

Holy crap! Though I have been nagged (by the female members of the Cartel - who else!) on several occasions about not taking pictures of the Salt & Pepper shakers, I didn't realize it has been almost 2 years since my last update on the Cartel. Ok - so here goes.

We met this Saturday (minus D) and presented the wait staff with Mr. Salty and Captain Pepper. A set of shakers that I picked up on my recent trip to Maine. As you can see, both of the wait staff - oh what the hell - waitresses are extremely glad to receive such a fine gift.

We also talked to the owner about building a cabinet in which to display the shakers we have donated to date. I'm not sure of the number but it must be close to 150 or so. This may or may not become a reality but we shall persevere.

After dinner at Wild Wing we were off to the movies - yep - The Dark Knight. Not much to say that hasn't already been said by many others. A great movie. I must say that I like Christian Bale as an actor. I didn't realize that one of his first movies - American Psycho - was made in 2000. For some reason I thought it was much earlier. 3:10 to Yuma, Reign of Fire and The Machinist are also great movies.

After beating Dr. D in air hockey (3 out of 3) it was home to blog and pack. I'm off to Moosonee on the shores of James Bay tomorrow. This is a small air force town which I haven't been back to see since my family left when I was in grade 7. It has since been dismantled but I have a yearning to go back and see my old stomping grounds as it were - old age I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nagged ?????? Nay I say .... simply encouraged to resume your Cartel S&P historical photo trail.

Age now demands that we have photo reference. :)

LED