Sunday, May 14, 2006

Howling at the Moon

Mother Nature and the Weatherman seemed bound and determined to prevent me from getting on the boat this weekend, however, despite the forecast of high winds and rain I took off Friday night under clear skies and a light wind.

As night fell the moon rose in all its splendor and young Bobby was perched on the roof with a wee bottle in his hand and a howl in his throat. My modesty prevented me from howling naked at the moon as I am wont to do - that is until the sky darkened sufficiently.

Ah - the freedom! I owned the lake that night.











The next morning was wonderfully calm and sunny. The fishermen were out which motivated me to install my fishfinder.


As can be seen the water temperature was a tad cold. Still too early in the season to swim.

After a quick breakfast and some minor repairs, I headed back to the marina as the forecast for that day called for thunderstorms. All in all I accomplished my long standing goal of howling at the moon. Next time it should be warm enough to spend the night sleeping on top of the boat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you HBB....I knew that nothing would stand in your way.

LED

Sunny Delight said...

I will add my cheer to LED's, good for you, very happy you were able to accomplish your quest :). Only wish I could have been there to witness it, I am sure it would have been....inspirational....