Sunday, May 28, 2006

Houseboatin - Finally

Saturday was the perfect day for being on the lake enjoying the heat and sun. Unfortunately I spent most of Saturday at a school carwash. Sure it was fun, but it prevented me from getting on the lake until later in the day. But get on the lake I did and the weather was great. D was driving so Bobby got a chance to tip back a few Corona before dinner.

As you can see, dinner with D is never a simple affair. She even had to use the fine china instead of the usual paper plates which I prefer!

The Matrix17/GPS navigation system worked exceptionally well and, as you can see, D did a credible job of navigating - except for the one Poseidon moment when part of the front deck got ripped off! More repair work for Bobby next week. By the way - note the blazing speed at which the old boat cuts through the water. Earlier in the day we tested the old barge at top speed - an amazing 7.5 mph!!!

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Sounds like you had a minor oops, but all in all a great time! Lucky you!
Looks like good eats too, I do love good food :)

Big Ben said...

That plat of food is making me hungry. I drive at 7.5 mph.