Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cartel Update - Aug 11

Dr. DC and I met at Wild Wing on Friday where I dined on a fine selection of wings before the much delayed Mrs. C (LED) joined us at 5:30. Having recently completed her tour of the northern shores of Lake Erie (now that's excitement), Dr. DC and I were favoured with a fine selection of photos documenting her excursion.

Both Ali and an old favourite Danielle were in attendance this week and were presented with a Salt & Pepper set in the form of a pair of lobster claws (from my trip to the coast a few weeks back). Unfortunately HBB failed to bring the camera to document the occasion therefore no pictures of the Salt & Pepper set nor of the lovely ladies in waiting are available.

After dinner we proceeded to the movies and wound up seeing Pulse for no other reason than it happened to be starting upon our arrival. All in all it was a crappy movie and I wouldn't recommend even watching it on DVD. After the movie Mrs. C and I snuck into a second movie that happened to be starting as we exited from Pulse. Dr. DC, ever the law abiding citizen, failed to join us as Mrs. C and I took the law into our own hands feeling somewhat justified having spent good money on a really bad movie already.

The movie we saw was Descent which was not half bad all things considered. At one point early in the movie there was a frightening scene which caught Mrs. C off guard causing her to scream out 'Jesus Murphy'. I almost pissed myself with laughter as this was the first, and I suspect, the last time I will ever hear her curse. Two movies under our belt and we headed home bringing to close another Cartel Week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slight adjustment required here HBB... there was a 2100 km tour from the Kawartha Lakes to Bancroft, Barry's Bay and Algonquin before the northern shore of Lake Erie to Point Pelee and up the St. Clair River. You must have slept through most of my photos !! That's OK I'll just show them all to you again...!!! :)

Anonymous said...

What ???!!!!!! Shaking Pinball Clemon's hand doesn't even rate a blog entry - I know your team lost (badly!), but really, Pinball's at least as good as "Pulse".

Houseboat Bob said...

The wrong is now righted - trouble with blogger, FYI.