Monday, July 31, 2006

London, Paris & Rome

Well, the Canadian equivalent - Ottawa, Montreal and Kingston. On Friday, July 21st I drove to Ottawa to visit a friend. After a quick dinner at Sandra's parent's place, we decided it was time to head out to - in her words - "drink our faces off". After several bars and more than several drinks, the mission was accomplished and I made it back to my motel where I crashed at 4:30 am. I was up a 8 am to try and find my truck and after another wee nap back at the motel, off to Montreal to visit Caite.

Caite and I started slow with a tour of the Mount Royal cemetery and later that night went out to dinner followed by a Hookah bar. Ahhhh - the things a student can teach her teacher. Later we went to the Just For Laughs festival - the best line of the night was from a comedian who stated that he had purchased a pet fish but was worried that his fish suffered from epilepsy. "The fish is fine when he is in the tank but when I take him out he immediately goes into seizures". Too funny - I still laugh at that one.

The next morning it was off to Kingston for a quick visit to another student who is now doing her masters. One thing led to another and there we were bar hopping all over again - trying to stay ahead of closing time. It was a great night as it has been awhile since - in her own words - "Bad Megan" has made an appearance. We finally got back to her place at 4 am and I would have had another drink but Megan managed to drop the freshly prepared margaritas on the floor - well apparently she dropped mine but managed to save her own. A quick dinner of KD at 4:30am was followed by Bob crashing hard thereby ending the London, Paris & Rome trip - except for the drive home the next day.

It felt good to be a kid again but my liver just can't take it anymore.

2 comments:

chelsea said...

I AM UPSET THAT I WAS NOT VISITED ON THIS TOUR. REST YOUR LIVER AND WE ARE GOING OUT DRINKING. CHELSEA TEAM WASTEBAG WAS OUT IN FIIIIIIINE FORM IN DETROIT. I AM BACK ON THE WASTED WAGON.

Houseboat Bob said...

You were not on the tour because you were on your own tour - jeeez - I can't be expected to go drinking with all my ex-students - I would be dead in like a week!