Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Getaway

After the ballooning experience of the day before, it was time to load up the old boat and head out onto the lake for a few days. The moon was only two days past full - still worthy of a howl or two.















The reason why I find it therapeutic to be on the boat ... a picture is worth a thousand words.


















Day #2 was spent fishing and drinking a few beers. Although I managed to catch only one small fish, I did manage to drink more than the one beer.
























The reason why you shouldn't drink while driving a boat. Luckily I was anchored and they were just checking to see if I needed more ice.














Day#3 - as the sun sets it is time to turn the boat to the South and head back to reality.











I should have left earlier. As it was, I was half way down the river, in the middle of a turn and in the dark when my steering cable broke. I had to MacGyver a new steering cable using electrical wire in order to limp back to the marina. As you can see the boat had drifted to the shore and the bugs were eating me during the 30 minutes to come up with my patch.

















Though a tad fuzzy - this picture illustrates the sheer beauty of being on the lake.

1 comment:

Sunny Delight said...

looks like you had a wonderful relaxing few days, well except for the last 30 min....beautiful pics on both posts :)